ⓒ MADE IN FRANCE

2013/03/20

Wear it as your crown, crown

My experience in the United States was about 10-day short. I went to Los Angeles and that was in June 2010. My first thoughts were that everyone drives damn fast, everything is so huge, so big, so too much. We spent an awfully long time driving from one point to another. It was almost impossible to do anything by foot - something I'm very not used to.

So, right, it's been three years already and I just finished sorting out the pictures. Not that I had many of them (compared to last summer's amount, that's nothing really) but I got busy and never actually did it. Looking at those pictures, I wish I had had a nicer camera. I was only starting to get into photography and I guess travelling so far piqued my interest.

I'm not going to lie, I spent most of my time there eating in Japanese restaurants and buying Japanese goods. But I guess, that's because I went to LA for a Japanese artist's concert: Jin Akanishi, if that rings a bell. I was with other fans all the time, we spoke almost only about fandom all the time... it was just meant to happen that way.

We still got to experience awesome stuff: driving to Santa Monica beach in the middle of the night, witnessing a gang being arrested, almost being crushed by the police tanks, having fun on Hollywood boulevard when the Lakers won a game... it was very exciting. I really didn't want to leave. You feel extremely free over there, like anything's possible. It's really fun.

I'm not sure I'll go back to California though. Definitely not anytime soon at least. I'm hoping to go to New York as soon as possible. The US are not my favorite thing but they're definitely full of mystery and things to discover. So, yes, I'd like to go again.





























No comments:

Post a Comment